Monday, April 25, 2011

Rotator Cuff

I had a PT appointment on Friday, she wanted me to see the Sports Medicine Dr again. So this morning I did. They both think I may have torn my rotator cuff or something in the shoulder. The Dr scheduled an dye-injected MRI for tomorrow afternoon, then I meet with the surgeon on Wednesday morning. The surgeon is the Dr that is over the athletes here at Purdue, it happens that Wed is his last time coming up here from Indy for the semester. So the Dr wanted to make sure I get in as soon as possible.

We'll know more by the middle of this week but if I do have to have surgery, there are some sad points. 1) Arm will be immobilized for 1 month (yes this is my Right arm) 2) I am out from volleyball for 6-7 months   They asked if there was a convenient time to do surgery...with a baby and 2 kids... I couldn't think of one.

:)

Happy Days, I guess things could be worse right?! 

Ann

No comments: