Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My wonderful kids...

A friend in her New Year Resolutions, made the goal to be "a teacher not a babysitter" with her kids. I took her goal and added it to my own New Year Resolutions. This phrase has been on my mind a lot since then. Motherhood, has its rewards and they are different from the rewards I recieved when working.  When I worked in the hospitals I constantly received thank yous, and had wonderful co workers that always recognized positively our efforts. As a mom, for a long time I felt like motherhood was under appreciated. And then I realized that my kids do thank me in so many different ways, and I love it.
 
Tonight Ehre said, "Mom makes the most wonderfulest meals!", and when Ben asked me to lay down with him for his nap, he told me thank you. So then I started rethinking my previous views. Motherhood isn't under appreciated, we as moms are appreciated and loved, but we have to be willing to accept the rewards and appreciation in the small and simple forms.  Motherhood really is the best job, and its the most rewarding when done right.
 
Working in the hospital wasn't easy, and it sure wasn't always pleasant, but I didn't complain. Motherhood for me should come with the same effort and lack of complaining. Sure there are the not so fun days, but there are also the days  like today that make me feel so special and wonderful as a mom. So I guess I owe my kids a great big hug and kiss in the morning, I really do love these two, and if they can just be patient with me I promise I'll keep on trying to be a better mom.
 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I hear ya. This is something that I am going to work on this year too!!