Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gospel Principle: Praying for Help


Thank goodness for the Friend, it really helps us teach Ehre gospel lessons. Yesterday the Aug. Friend arrived, so we sat down during Ben's nap to read. We read a bunch of different stories then we came across the Matt & Mandy. The story went something like this....

Family in the Car
Car breaks down
Frustrated Dad looks under the hood
Matt: Lets say a prayer.
Dad insists on checking cables
Matt: Lets say a prayer.
Dad wants to call a tow truck.
Matt:LETS SAY A PRAYER!!!
Surprised family agrees.
Prayer is said that the car will work, and they'll be able to continue on their way.
...car starts....happy family
Dad realizes that he should have prayed first.

So then Ehre and I discussed the story and what happened. I wanted to apply it to Ehre's life, so I asked her if we needed help with anything. I gave her a clue that sometimes we ask for help when we can't find something. She remembered that we were missing our camera. I asked her if she wanted to say a prayer that Heavenly Father would help us find our camera. She said OK and offered the sweetest prayer.

Later we were driving in the car and she was really happy and talking to herself. I asked her what she was talking about. She said that there was someone at our house. I asked her who, and she said.

Jesus, and he's looking for our camera!


...While the camera is still missing and my lack of faith may be the problem ( I still think that Ben threw it away) Ehre learned a lesson, and I hope that she doesn't forget it.

:)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a wonderful way to teach your kids. The Friend offers so many insights, and that is awesome that Ehre was able to realate it her. It is amazing how fast our kids grow and what they take for such a small age. Love you guys tons. See you soon.

Michelle said...

How sweet! I love the Friend too. Lydia goes and looks through it and when she finds a picture of Jesus says, "I foun Je!" It is so cute. I am glad that Ehre was able to know that Jesus will be there to help when you need it. We love the updates!

Amy said...

Very sweet! I think the Friend is such a good idea. Ehre is getting so big, I can't wait to see you guys next week.