Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Big Helper


Ehre was sooo cute this morning. (Ben too but he just played along) I was upstairs getting dressed, Jeff had just left for school. Ehre was hungry and I told her that I would be right down. When I came down, she had set the table with bowls and spoons, and was pouring out the cereal. She even went as far as to make sure that each of us received our favorite. Ben= Honey Bunches of Oats, Mommy= Banana Crunch, and Ehre= Rice Crispy's. She told me to sit down and I poured some milk. Then after a little bit she told me that she was thirsty so she got up and pulled out the juice and a cup.....

..... that is when I realized where she had gotten the dishes, from the dishwasher....minor problem....we forgot to start it last night.

So we had breakfast in dirty dishes, but that's OK, I had a big helper and I was so proud of her!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Aaaww!
That's really sweet. I'd totally appreciate eating on the dirty dishes too.

Tracy said...

I know husbands that have done that too. I guess its good when you have a lousy dishwasher and you have to rinse your dishes really well before putting them in the dishwasher! But that's so sweet of Ehre. Its definitely a moment to be a proud mommy!

The Holdaway's said...

So sweet of her to help - Jase has tried the same thing too...

Jill D. said...

That is just adorable. I can't believe how big she's getting. How cute!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

She's soooo grown up!! What a good little helper - I have to say I'm a little jealous - it seems like the day will never come when Bella starts doing things like this.

Tasha said...

Haha! I laughed so hard when I read this! Just be grateful you aren't in my family! My Aunt used to bring my Grandpa glasses of water. After a while my grandpa started wondering how she was able to reach the sink...he discovered her secret after following her one time, when she very capably filled up his cup from....the TOILET!