Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blessing Jacket



I've never really tried making clothing other than hats, so I figured since I didn't know if this baby was a boy or girl I'd make a jacket. If it ended up a girl I could add a crochet lacy border, if it was a boy I'd add a simple border. Well...followed the pattern but in the end to me it still looked girly. So this is Version 1.0, if its a girl I will make a long white satin dress to go under it. I'll work on making a boy's  jacket (Version 2.0) in the next few weeks. Then all I'll need to add is a white onesie and white pants. I also have the beautiful white blanket from Kim and some booties that I am making to go with this...so in the end one way or another we'll have a blessing outfit. :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

It's really cute, I can't believe it is your first attempt.

Chris said...

that's AMAZING!

Jill D. said...

Wow! Well done! That is adorable!