Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ehre and Her Boss


A little background: Ehre began helping me with dishes when she turned 4, but it was on a voluntary basis.  As soon as she turned 5 it was become her responsibility to do so in earnest.  So every night we are working on dishes and I try and give her constructive criticism so that she can improve.  When she washes the table she needs to have it passed off for inspection by me.

Sunday night: Ehre and I were doing dishes and she started washing the table.  I was washing pans when she came to ask for her inspection.  I didn't want to go right then, so I figured this once I would just let it be.  So I said, "Ehre, you know what I look for, why don't you inspect the table tonight."  She said OK and went to the table and looked at sideways and front ways, got down low, looked real close and said, "Ehre you forgot to wash right here and there is still some food on Ben's chair."  She followed it up by wiping her hand over the table's surface and said, "And it is still sticky over here, I need to wash this."  By now I was standing at the entrance to the dining room watching and smiling.  When she finished she came and told me she was all done and that the table was clean.  Seems my work is done, I've already raised her and she's only 5!
Jeff

5 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

That is awesome, Ann! She sounds so big!

Amy said...

That's fantastic! Do you have online courses?

Chris said...

Nice work, Jeff!

Dan H said...

well done. i will send mary over for raising, how long do you think it will take?

Jill D. said...

I can't believe how grown up Ehre has gotten!