Saturday, August 14, 2010

8 Stitches Total

Well 2 internal stitches, 6 exterior (3 mattress stitches and 3 regular stitches)....it took Ben about 45 minutes till he was awake enough to go home. He requested chocolate shakes as his treat so Grandma picked up all the supplies. This morning, he's feeling pretty good...I have to go find some bandaids that he isn't allergic too... he's got a small rash from the ones used yesterday. We'll have the stitches removed the day after we get home to IN....hopefully this is we won't have any other problems on this trip.

Side note...traveling with Medicaid as your kids primary insurance can be a pain...(claims are often denied for out of state care..and an ER is expensive!) Two days before we left for UT we decided to go ahead and add the kids to Jeff's insurance with Purdue...what a blessing. This made our ER trip run sooo smoothly!

3 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry for Ben! I hope he is feeling better and enjoying all the chocolate shakes!

Amy said...

Oh Ann. I'm so sorry. Pool little guy. I hope he feels better soon. We're trying to get settled here in Utah. Hopefully we'll be done moving around so much!

Take Care.

Jill D. said...

Oh my goodness! That is sooo sad! Poor little guy. I hope it heals quickly for him, and for you. When did you get to Utah? Can we come see you sometime? Give me a call if you have any time k!