Monday, April 19, 2010

...but good weekend

Last post was sad, but this one's not. We had a wonderful Stake Conference. Elder Scott and Elder Gong came out for the reorganization of our Stake Presidency. This was a wonderful opportunity, and I appreciated the time he took to explain the process. Elder Gong was also an amazing speaker, it was great to get to know him better.

Since I was singing in the choir I was able to sit in the choir seats until we sang, I was looking over the audience and looking at the different Priesthood holders. I knoticed that 2 families, with all their children were sitting next to the old Stake Presidents family. Brother Manm's family specifically. I don't know what it was but something about him looked really happy but also very humble, and as if he had a lot of responsibilities...it was weird. I only thought about it for a minute, thought it was cute how he was holding his wife's hand and continued watching the audience...I had no clue who they were going to call. Well they called Brother Ellis (2nd Counselor in Stake Presidency) to be our new Stake President (He's amazing, and will do a fabulous job) and Brother Gibb. I don't know him but I do know his wonderful wife.


I was impressed how much peace comes when they read the names. I really only know President Ellis, but his counselors radiated with goodness. It was so easy to sustain these men. Their testimonies were so humble and it just confirms the whole process. These men were truly called of God and it will be something that I will always remember.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It was good. Brother Gibb (bishop in the 2nd ward), is all I knew of him. So I guess the 2nd ward gets a new bishop! It was a great stake conference, I thought very relaxed and personal.

Sorry about Jeff's lab friend. Dustin and I heard about it on the news, but we didn't know who he was.