Sunday, March 14, 2010

This week


This week has been pretty good, I feel like I got a few things off of my "To do" list done, but there are still a lot of little projects to be completed. I've been working on my talk and I'll include it at the end of this email. Its been a wonderful opportunity to look into the life of President Howard W. Hunter, and I am grateful for the opportunity to do so.
 
I made two baby blankets this week, Jeff's lab has had several babies born since we moved here, and I make a blanket for the first baby to each family. So far there have been 9 babies born, all boys, so the joke is that there is something in the lab that only allows the guys to produce male heirs. :) Its a lot of fun though to see these guys announce the arrivals of their first borns, especially for the foreigners. Jeff and Justin (other LDS guy) hold a specific respect in the lab since they have been the dads the longest, and whenever we visit, we often get questions about babies, and children its fun.
 
The kids are doing well and we've had a lot of fun. The weather has been great this week, but supposedly we have our last snow storm headed our way this week :( I've really enjoyed the 60' weather, its been nice to pull out the sandals, go walking and play out side. After this week I hope to plant some tomatoes and flowers outside, I can't wait for the Farmers Market to open.
 
Jeff got to go and visit the Dr. this week, lately he has been going to work out each morning at 6:30. He usually gets in a 30 minute run and then lifts weights for 20 minutes. About two weeks ago his leg started to hurt where the rod connects to the bone. He's been trying to stretch it out and see if that helps but its only gotten worse. He saw the Dr and they took some x-rays what do you know he has a stress fracture. No more running for 3 + weeks until it has healed completely, lots of ice, and minimal walking when it hurts. Usually at work he can sit down a lot, yesterday he took the kids on the bus to the free matinee, by the time they got home he wasn't feeling too good. Hopefully this heals quickly he really has enjoyed his morning workouts.
 
We celebrated the RS birthday this week, it was a lot of fun. We combined wtih 3 other wards for the evening. There was a skit put on about how often we put on our "church faces" when we go to church. We assume the "ideal look" of an LDS woman, confident, put together, non stressed, life is perfect,  while inside we compare ourselves to others and feel insecure. The skit addressed so many key feelings women have and it was well put together. The food was amazing, I'll send you recipes of the three soups that they provided later this week, and if I can find the roll recipe I"ll send that too.
 
I love you, I hope that you are having a great week as well!
Ann
 
 

No comments: