Friday, November 7, 2008

SPAN Celebration

I've been able to be a part of a unique organization here at Purdue. It is one of a kind. The SPAN Plan Program was developed by Helen Schlemen who realized the need for assisting nontraditional students (at the time specifically women) in finishing a college degree. I've used some of their services and I am in the process of applying for their scholarships, but in the mean time I've been helping out with their 40th Anniversary Celebration.

The celebration was held last night, since Ben was with me he helped "set up" the balloons...he had a lot of fun playing with them!

These are the only two pictures I have, but hopefully later I will be able to include the newspaper clipping and some more pictures.
Sorry Ben isn't smiling in this one.... instead he is holding onto his pants trying to hold still for the picture... :)

No comments: